Monday, January 5, 2015

A twin pregnancy is no joke...

So let me just say… pregnancy is a beautiful, glorious, exciting time in a woman's life. It's something everyone wants to experience and something we all look forward to. There are so many questions and concerns that come to your head when the reality of pregnancy hits you!... "Is the baby okay? Am I gonna have weird cravings like chocolate covered pickles dipped in spaghetti sauce? Is the baby growing? Am I gonna get huge? Is the baby a girl or a boy? Am I gonna get massive stretch marks? When will I be able to feel the baby? Will my feet grow two sizes?"….. SOOO many questions stream through your mind. 

I couldn't fall asleep for weeks having question after question run sprints through my head!! But never.. and I mean NEVER.. did I EVER ask myself… "I wonder if there is one baby.. or two.. or three.. or eight?!!" I never in all of my questions wondered if I could possibly have twins. So you can imagine that during my 10 week check up when I saw not one, but TWO heartbeats inside of those tiny beans.. I asked that one question that we all ask ourselves at one point or another during pregnancy..."WHAT!!?? HOW AM I GONNA DO THIS?" 


It was a mixed emotion of excitement and fear. Probably more fear than anything else! Yea. Definitely more fear. 

Then it all started to make sense… No wonder I was soooo extremely nauseous 24/7. I had two little munchkins growing and changing... and making me sick. 

I have never been pregnant with one baby.. but I have friends and family members that have. I am NOT at all saying that being pregnant with one baby is easy peasy. But I'm convinced it may be a tad bit more comfortable than being pregnant with two. 

This says 13 weeks, but I was actually 10 weeks. Can you see two babies?


Everything in a twin pregnancy is multiplied. The good and bad.

Let's start with the good-- 1) Everyone is very, very excited for you and it makes you feel so special. 2)You get ALOT of presents! 3) Everyone waits on your every need. 4)You get to have a lot of ultrasounds, which means you can see your babies way more often than someone with one baby. 5) You can feel each individual baby "playing" together. So cool! 6)When people ask you if you're having twins because you are so big.. you can say, "YES!". 

OK, now the bad-- 1) NASEA NASEA NASEA 2)You grow twice as fast. You look and feel 10 weeks further than you actually are. So at 30 weeks, you look and feel like 40 weeks, but you still have 2 months to go..bleh..not fun. 3) Your joints swell up and its hard to walk (around 20 weeks). 4) Your back… ohhhh your poor back. 5)You can't/won't indulge in what you want to eat, because you're already too big anyway so the extra fat doesn't help. (Don't over eat ladies… your feet can't handle any more extra weight!!) 6) You have to buy two of everything. That baby stuff aint cheap y'all!

                                                           LOTS OF PRESENTS!

All in all- there was a lot more good than bad… I actually sometimes miss pregnancy. (sometimes lol)

Looking back now that I'm a "real" mom of twins.. putting my feet up, watching netflix, and having everyone waiting on me hand and foot.. pregnancy was a breeze. ;)

                                                 36 weeks pregnant with twins. 3 days before I went into labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment