Monday, January 5, 2015

'Twas a Christmas miracle...

December 26, 2013 was the beginning of motherhood for me! After over a year of planning and praying, we finally got the gift of pregnancy. Like any new mom I was so nervous that I could potentially lose the baby. I thought that maybe I shouldn't tell anyone until I was a few months and after a few check ups. But then I thought to myself, that if I didn't have prayers and support from my family and friends, for me, it would be that much harder to go through. 

As soon as I found out, I scheduled a doctors appointment with the one and only Hillary Findley. So technically she was the first person to know! I then went to Sonlife Christian Bookstore to get Thomas a Father's Devotional book. I told the workers there at the bookstore that I was pregnant! So technically they (whoever they are) where the second and third people I told. (I was so excited I couldn't help myself) I then waited nervously and patiently for Daddy-to-Be to get home! I gave him a "late Christmas present" with the Father's Devotional book and the two pregnancy tests I took that morning! He took the present, and didn't even look at the book that I specifically bought for this very moment! He just saw the pregnancy tests and immediately picked me up and spun me around in excitement! It was like a movie.. lol so cute.

Because it was Christmas time, my in-laws were in town and conveniently cooking for us and my parents that night! (Such a God thing) So I needed to get together their "late Christmas present".  A few years back I bought two "Grandmother, Tell Me Your Story" journals to give to them as a pregnancy announcement gift. I FINALLY was able to wrap it up and give it to them! I was so excited that I didn't have to kick it around anymore. Obviously we were nervous and excited once everyone was over. It was impossible to act normal and casual. I had BIG NEWS to tell!! So.. we sat down to eat and halfway through the dinner I mentioned to them that I forgot to give them one of their presents. They put the present aside and said they would open it later. UMM NO!! I was about to throw up in excitement and nerves! So a few minutes later I said, "Stop!! Stop talking! Open your presents! Now!" So as my MIL looks at me like I'm nuts and my mom gives me the "don't be rude" eyes, they opened their gifts. Ofcourse, they didn't get it. I knew they wouldn't.. no one ever gets the preggy surprise. Knowing they wouldn't get it I taped the preggy test inside each book. (gross, I know) But I knew that was a no brainer. lol  So after tears, laughs, and hugs.. we were on our way to planning for our baby.(singular)


No comments:

Post a Comment