Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Low carb chicken fajitas-- yum!

So this is a super easy low carb people pleaser. Definitely one of my and my hubby's favs. It's basically everything you want in your fajita, minus the tortilla! It's super simple and very easy to put together.
Seasoned grilled chicken 
Homemade salsa (or in the jar)
Grilled onions and peppers
Homemade guacamole 

This was how I assembled my plate making sure I had a little bit of everything with every bite! Thomas made more of a fajita salad layering everything on top of each other. Whatever floats your boat!

Onions, green and red peppers:
I sliced them up that morning and left them in the fridge. When I was ready to start cooking I put a little coconut oil in a skillet and threw it all in on medium heat stirring in between preparing the chicken.

Seasoned grilled chicken:
I used boneless skinless chicken breast and butterflied them to make them thinner. I then sliced them in strips. 
I seasoned the chicken with the same spices I season everything with: salt, pepper, Tonys, and garlic powder. But because it's a Mexican dish, I added a little paprika and cayenne pepper! Muy bueno!!  
I then used a little butter and olive oil in a medium heat skillet until it was warm. Throw in all your stips and let them sit for a few minutes, then flip them over and watch until they're fully cooked. (Meanwhile stirring your onions and peppers..this requires multitasking so make sure you do it and not your hubby;) hehe jk jk)

Simple Guacamole:
I call it simple bc it's very basic and most of the ingredients you probably already have. 

4 avocados
1/2 onion
1 tomato
Seasonings-salt,pepper,Tonys, garlic powder. 

Ok so super easy... 
Cut up your ripe avocados and spoon it out into a mixing bowl. Mash and stir. Mince half of an onion and throw it in and stir. Add your seasonings and stir.  Dice a whole tomato and throw it in and gently stir so the tomatoes don't make your guacamole watery. Be sure to add the tomatoes last so you don't over stir them. Grab a chip and taste! You may need to add seasonings depending on how you like it!:) 

Salsa:
I normally just use a jarred salsa, but this particular salsa came from my awesome sister-in-law! It was amazing! Thanks Jada!! You da bomb. 




No comments:

Post a Comment