Saturday, January 17, 2015

Low Carb Pizza!! Yes…PIZZA!

Okay so I've always always ALWAYS loved pizza.It's been a weekly meal in my house forever. When I was pregnant,  we ordered pizza at least twice a week, and it didn't slow down after the twins came either. I'm sure the best pizza place in town, Pizza Place, knew my order by heart. (Side note- Pizza Place in Watson, Louisiana has NEVER let me down. Their pizza is always fresh, hot, and perfect. It's the best pizza in the entire world. That's a fact.) 

So! When we decided to low carbify our meals, I instantly thought about cauliflower crust pizza! But as I look into it…making a crust out of cauliflower is way too complicated for me and this mommy has no time for all that. I'm all about quick and simple!

I found this AMAZING recipe called "No Dough Meat Crust Pizza for the Low Carb Dieter". PERFECT!! I LOVE MEAT! I had most of the ingredients already.. just had to buy some ground meat and pepperonis. It's delicious and will continue to go into our pizza craving rotation. :)

Here it is!

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef- try to find 97/3- (Oak Point has it)
Seasonings- basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder
1 cup mozzarella

Pizza Sauce/Marinara
Pizza cheese 
Your favorite pizza toppings- I used pepperoni, onions, bell pepper, mushroom

Recipe: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground beef with seasonings and drain- (If you use ultra lean meat, you won't need to drain)
Place meat in a bowl and add 1 cup mozzarella and mix together
Pour meat mixture onto pizza pan and use your hand to flatten out and make a circle
Spread pizza sauce evenly over pizza
Add cheese and your favorite toppings
Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown
Take out and let sit for 5-10 minutes. IT'S HOT!!
And Enjoy:)

Oh and…you're gonna need a fork:)

I got a two thumbs up from my pizza lover husband! It's very filling, and if you are a meat lover, this recipe is definitely for you! Let me know if you tried it and like it!







No comments:

Post a Comment