Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Twin Post: My Favorite Things- (Birth to 6 Months)

In honor of The Sound of Music's 50th anniversary, I decided to post "a few of my favorite things"!:)
I don't know how I would have survived the first 6 months of motherhood without these essential items!

Rock-n-Plays: Newborn-3 months
My little monkeys slept in these in our bedroom from birth to 3 1/2 months. These are awesome. Every mom needs one (or two). ;)

Baby Swings: Newborn-6 months
These swings were my right hand man the first few months of their lives! They napped, played, and just helped me handle one baby at a time! Definitely something a twin mom can't be without!

Diaper Basket:
When you have two babies to deal with, you can't walk your baby to the nursery every time you need to change their diaper. We kept this basket in our living room (and still do) so I can change their diaper while keeping an eye on the other baby!

Infant Loungers: Newborn-3 months
When I could no longer keep up with the demands of two babies needing to breast feed, I used these infant loungers to feed my two munchkins at the same time. When they out grew these, I would use their car seats! Do what ya gotta do lil momma!



Bubba Keg:
So obviously when you have two babies, it's hard to find time to constantly refill your glass of water. So, I bought a Bubba Keg, which holds 52 oz at a time. Fill it up twice a day and you have more than enough water to keep hydrated for your babies!

Gripe Water/Gas Drops: 1 month-3 months
For about 3 months, we had to add Gripe Water in each bottle, because they both had Colic. Not fun…
Noah, my gassy baby, still requires his Gas Drops every now and then. Little Remedies is a staple in our medicine cabinet.

Two Rocker/recliners: 
We first had just one rocker recliner. Shortly after the twins were here we clearly saw we needed two. That way, your hubby/friend/mom/sister/whoever can help you rock and love on your babies. Plus, every awesome and comfortable living room should have a Big Daddy Chair and a Lil Momma Chair!
BEST. DECISION. EVER.

Zipadeezip: 3 months-5 months
We fully believe in these. We crib trained our twins in one night while they wore the Zipadeezip. You can order these online at www.zipadeezip.com.



Jumpy: 5 months-Today
I really don't know the real name for these things! haha! Is it an excersaucer? I have no idea, but in our family we call it a Jumpy! :) Around 4 months old, they didn't fit in one of the swings, so we are borrowing two Jumpies from my amazing SIL and fellow twin mommy and they've been a permanent piece of furniture in our living room ever since! They LOVE their Jumpy and I'm okay with that!



Space Saver High chair: 4 months-Today
Okay so these are kinda self explanatory.. Unless you live in a 5000 sq ft home, you don't have room for TWO high chairs. We use these Space Savers. They attach safely on your already existing chair.

Stroller: Newborn-Today
So while stroller shopping, of course I wanted the "top of the line" double stroller for my two perfect angels! But… those strollers don't fit through doorways, weigh 100 pounds, and are impossible to collapse in your vehicle. We bought the Baby Trend Snap-N-Go. Cheap, small, and light weight.

Double Jogging Stroller: 5 months-Today
I LOVE my BOB Jogging Stroller. It's awesome and the babies love riding in it!



The Art of Propping:
You don't have 4 hands, therefore you prop.










No comments:

Post a Comment