Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Perfect Schedule for Twins


Okay- so let me first say, that whoever thought I had the perfect schedule for twins is straight up cray-cray. I don't.. but hopefully this post will help a little and maybe you can relate... :)

3 days before delivery
When I was pregnant with twins, I read as much as I could and did as much research as possible to prepare for this world that I was about to enter into. Almost every article, blog, and Pinterest post I found said that in order to survive twins, they have to be on a strict schedule! So the moment we came home from the hospital, I was on a mission and I THOUGHT I was prepared.

I remember every morning for like two weeks straight when the babies woke up, Thomas and I would sing a "good morning song". We chose Philip Philips' "Home". I made sure that I did the same thing every single day because I knew I HAD to get them on a schedule and the SAME schedule! (oh how ridiculous we were) Well, after the many growth spurts and tears of stress trying to be the perfect mother, I waved my white flag and asked God to take over. I was so hung up on the "schedule" that I wasn't enjoying these precious gifts He gave me. I wasn't enjoying being who God called me to be: a mother. I can honestly say it was the worst few weeks of my entire life. Satan was attacking my mental and emotional state and sabotaging this special time in my life. I then felt God whisper to my spirit, "Calm down, I am here with you, you are not alone, My children need your love, I will do the rest."

4 days old
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. 
Psalm 32:8


Moms, this is my tiny piece of advice. Forget about any type of schedule until at least 3 months. Yes, that's right. Your babies will run your house until 3 months. Forget the schedule.

Newborns do NOT need a schedule. They need YOU. You will need to sacrifice your sanity for a few months because what's even more worse than losing your sanity is losing the bond between you and your babies because of some stupid schedule. Pray a lot and ask for guidance, wisdom, and patience. He will give it to you.

I will lead the blind in the ways they have not known; along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. 
Isaiah 42:16

3-6 Months Night Time Routine:
The first resemblance of a schedule was around three months. We started with a night time routine. This is what worked for us. We have no other children, so putting the babies to bed early was perfect for us and saved the tiny bit of our sanity that was left. Ofcourse if you have older children with ball games, lessons, etc..then this may not work.
4:00- Bath
4:30- Bottle/Rock to sleep
5:00- Put to bed

Yes- you saw that right. We put our babies to sleep at 5:00. Just ask our friends and family. It helped us keep our sanity, save our marriage, and go to bed early. The babies had no problem going to bed early because they didn't nap long through out the day, so they were cranky and exhausted. Once you start a schedule that works, keep doing it! They will know that its time to go to sleep after they take a bath. Kids, even babies, NEED structure and routine.

4 Month Morning Routine:
Around 4 months we then started forming our morning routine because we began introducing solids and they began waking up around the same time so I thought it was perfect time to start.
6:00- Wake up/Bottle
6:30- Tummy Time/Play (Mommy drinks her coffee..mmm..Hallelujah, Praise Jesus!)
7:00- Breakfast- Oatmeal
7:30- Swing/Jumpy (Mommy eats breakfast)
8:00- Small bottle/Nap

6 Month-8 month Daily Routine:
This has been our routine for the past couple months. The boys are about to be 8 months old. When they turned 6 months old, I knew they were old enough to be on an all day schedule.
6:00- wake up/bottle (Coffee/Breakfast)
6:30- JumpyJump
7:30am- Mickie Mouse Club House
7:00- Play time (Mommy works out)
7:30- Breakfast/Mickie Mouse Club House
8:00- Nap (clean house, laundry, prepare dinner, answer emails)
9:30- Bottle
10:00- Walk around the block
10:30- Play
11:00- Lunch
11:30- Play time
12:00- Nap
2:00- Bottle/Mickie Mouse Club House
2:30- Walk around the block
3:30- Play
4:00- Dinner
4:30- Outside Swings with Dad
5:00- Playtime with Dad (Mommy gets dinner together)
5:30- High chair time at the table (Mommy and Daddy eat dinner)
5:45- Bath time
6:15- Bottle
We love our walks! 
6:30- Bedtime
7:00- MOMMY AND DADDY TIME:)

We don't live and die by this schedule, but this is what I do when we stay home all day, which is most days. lol

This schedule works for our family! Try different things, and you will figure out what works for your family! Trial and Error.

Remember!!- God equips us for the blessings He has for us.

Stay strong my mommy friends!

Peace and Blessings:)

Consider it pure JOY whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your FAITH produces perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 
James 1:2-4


No comments:

Post a Comment