Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Low Carb Chicken Parm!--->Hubby's Fav!

IMy Italian Stallion's favorite meal that I make him is my Chicken Parmesan. This was one of the things my sister taught me to make when I was in "wife training", because we gotta keep our men happy!:) When we started eating low carb dinners, I knew I had to figure out a way to make this as low carb as possible because I knew he couldn't go long without it! Honestly, I think I like it better this way. Or maybe I like it better because I know I'll be able to fit in my pants the next day. ;)

I wouldn't consider this one of my "quick" recipes, but I will say it's fairly simple and delicious. If your babies can sit through an entire episode of Micky Mouse Clubhouse, then it's totally do-able! Or, you can put your babies in their high chair and let them watch you make your skinny, italian masterpiece while singing ABC's. Show off your multi-tasking skills:)


Nannie's Spaghetti Squash Recipe:
After my own failed attempts to make perfect spaghetti squash noodles, I got my Nannie's  recipe and its absolutely perfect! Not too mushy, not too crunchy. Delicious and super easy.
Ingredients:
1 Spaghetti Squash
Olive Oil
Seasonings- salt, pepper, garlic powder
Cooking Spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray pan with cooking spray.
Cut the ends off to have a flat base so its easier to cut the squash in half. -->Otherwise you'll probably cut your hand off and then won't be able to finish the recipe :(
Put the squash on its base and then cut down the center so you have two halves.
Spoon out the seeds. (I use an ice cream scoop)
Brush on a little olive oil on both sides.
Sprinkle your seasonings on top.
Place spaghetti squash face down on the pan and place in oven.
Bake squash for 40-45 minutes. (I do 42 min)
Fork out your "noodles"! So cool.



Simple Sauce:
olive oil or coconut oil
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup mushrooms (optional)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce or marinara (try to find sugar free)
grated parmesan cheese
Seasonings- salt, pepper

Chop of your onion and garlic and sauté them in olive oil until onions are soft. Add mushrooms and sauté for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat. Add your spaghetti sauce and seasonings and let cook on low stirring occasionally. Keep on low until spaghetti squash and chicken are done. Spoon on top of "noodles" and chicken!

Simple Low Carb Chicken Parm:
Olive oil and 2 tbsp butter
1 cup milk
Chicken Breast (butterflied and beaten flat)
Almond Flour
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Seasonings- garlic powder, onion powder, Tony's, salt, pepper
mozzarella cheese

Prep- cut off fat and butterfly the chicken breast so you have two separate pieces. Put the two chicken breast halves in a gallon ziplock bag and seal shut with no air. Take your rolling pin and beat the chicken. This will make them thinner and easier to cook!

When you're done letting out your aggression on the chicken, put them in a bowl of milk to soak for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, take your almond flour, parmesan cheese, and seasonings and mix them together and spread out the mixture in a pan or plate. Take your chicken breasts out of the milk and place them in the pan of seasonings, flipping it over to cover both sides. Make sure the chicken is fully covered with the mixture.



In a skillet, cover the bottom with olive oil and melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add your chicken. Flip over after about 5-7 minutes and then add mozzarella cheese on top while the chicken is finishing cooking. You can cover the skillet with the lid so that the cheese melts faster.
Once mozz is melted and chicken is fully cooked it's ready to eat!




This is what Tom's plate looks like when he's done. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment